Residential Work Not Requiring A Permit
- Minor, non-structural repairs, which does not include the cutting away of any wall, partition or any part thereof, with the approval of the building official or his designee
- Repair faucets or valves, and unstop clogged drains and sewer lines.
- Install A/C units (less than 3 tons), not connected to ducts.
- Painting, cabinets, carpet, vinyl tile, and gutters, and certain types of fences.
- Removal of trees not on the protected list such as Male Mulberry, Australian Pine, Eucalyptus, Chinaberry, Cherry Laurel, Brazilian Pepper, Monkey Puzzle, and Silk Oak
Residential Work Requiring A Permit
- New construction, additions, remodeling of any building or building system
- Demolition work
- New roof covering or the replacement of roof coverings over 500 square feet
- Stucco or siding work over 500 square feet
- Any work associated with changing the occupancy of a building
- Residential accessory building and residential driveways over 150 square feet
- Any gas work
- Any mechanical work except for self-contained air conditioning units three tons or less with a factory-installed cord or plug
- Plumbing work on any building, water/sewer lines, septic tanks, wells and fire lines
- Any electrical work
- Tree removal or trimming
- Grade or fill work
- Site clearing greater than 500 square feet
For questions concerning property inspections, or to schedule your property inspection, contact Bennett Property Inspection today at (813) 260-9920.